Since 1972, thousands of men and women with developmental challenges, autism, down syndrome, and other special needs have achieved greater independence through travel experiences provided by The Guided Tour, Inc. The focus of The Guided Tour is to provide a growth-producing experience for our travelers, in which they are able to travel and socialize independent of their families. To be able, many for the first time, to share their own vacation experiences with their families, their supervisors, co-workers and friends. The Guided Tour staff make sure our travelers not only have their independence, but they also make sure our travelers have assistance with money, medication, and of course, a fantastic memorable vacation!
The Guided Tour, Inc. Provides:
- Supervised vacations for adults with developmental challenges.
- 50 years of special needs travel experience and expertise!
- Experienced staff who are paid professionals.
- A staff to traveler ratio of 1:3, and trip coordinators with many years of experience leading special needs travel groups.
- “On-Wheels” trips with 1:1 staffing for individuals who use a wheelchair or are slow-pacers.
- A nurse on the majority of trips to oversee any additional medical needs.
- A variety of local, national and international trips to choose from with exciting itineraries exploring new horizons. We meet new people and places and make memories that will last a lifetime.
- Summer Vacations at the Seashore in New Jersey with a beautiful beach house located just one block from the beach.
- Adult Resort camp experiences available three times a year in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania.
- Special vacations and social groups for adults with special needs to expand their friendship circle.
- Our travelers enjoy sending us new trip ideas each year, and we work hard to hammer travel plans out to create exceptional vacations.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Plan 2021
(Click the links below to view/download PDFs)